Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Cupcake Boycott

Grace and Emma's elementary school had its Fall Festival this past weekend. The PTO does a silent auction (as well as several smaller fundraisers) in conjuction with the Festival. Because of Ike, we had to cut back on our auction items and we had very little time to get everything ready. We were also doing a pumpkin decorating auction, selling snow cones and a giant cookie cake. It was a busy time!

Did I mention that I'm the president of the PTO? Important to know for later...

One of the games at the Festival was a cupcake walk and the school was having a contest to see which class could bring in the most cupcakes. I got the notes that were sent home and just threw them away. Emma never mentioned it, but Grace would ask about it.

The day before the Festival, I had my parent conference with Grace's teacher.

During the conference, we start talking about the Festival coming up and how much fun it will be. I see some cupcakes sitting on her back counter and mention that it looks like they did pretty good collecting cupcakes for the contest.

She said they did fairly good, and had a funny story about that.
Uh-oh!

The day before she asked her class if anyone else had cupcakes to turn in and Grace raised her hand.

"My mom said she does enough for this school already and she is not going to send in cupcakes."

Yep, that's what I said...word for word...

No comments: