Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Emma's Homework

I love the papers Emma brings home from school. Kindergarteners come up with the best stuff for their work - it's creative and funny and honest.

One day Emma had to write -ug words and illustrate them for homework. She had to solve a few puzzles on the front to get the word and then draw a picture of it...




I absolutely love the way she drew a slug...




She was working on this homework at one of Grace's swim practices and had extra time to do a few on the back. She did a pug in the rain, a hug, juggle, a jug, dug and lug...
When she got to lug she asked me what it meant. I told her it was carrying something heavy. She thought for a minute, then her eyes lit up and she said, "I know what to draw!"

When she was finished I could tell what most of them were, but asked what she was 'lugging'. She looked at me and said, "Can't you see...that's your big 'ole bottle of wine!"




Yep, I sure do see that...still in the paper bag from the grocery store. :)

2 comments:

amy said...

TOO funny!!! Sigh...I miss wine...a lot.

Loved Pike's creativity & his price-may need to borrow him sometime!

Jamie said...

That is too funny!